MINUTES General Membership Meeting
July 9, 2015 at Thomas Edison State College, Trenton
President Brian Viehland called the meeting to order at: 7:05 p.m.
A quorum was present. Copies of Agenda were distributed and approved.
A Presentation was made by Ms. Yarrow Willman-Cole Assistant Director, working families programs, email@example.com. Topic: private sector employers/employees required/ to provide paid sick leave.
Further information can be found at the following sites: trentonnj.org website, facebook.com/njtimetocare
Rec. Sec’y / Membership Committee
– Previous Meeting Minutes from April, May and June were presented and approved
– Membership Standings – Bond Street (a new CA) was present and acknowledged.
– Ed Wittmann has agreed to take over the duties of Recording Secretary for the duration of the term.
Corr. Sec’y / Outreach Committee
– Communications – no communications to report.
– Due to a recent illness Ed had been unable to perform his duties, but is now recovering and will resume duties as Corresponding Secretary.
Treasurer’s Report / Budget Committee presented a report for May, June and July and they were approved
– Previously discussed distributions of Taste Trenton proceeds were discussed. Lee Ingram (universal life church) brought forward a motion that $750 be distributed to 3 different charities at $250 each for the purpose of aiding food distribution, specificity to smaller under-appreciated charities. After discussion, the following charities were selected and the motion passed. Men for Hope, High Rollers, Samaritan Baptist Church. Checks will be distributed in the coming weeks and each organization will be invited to be recognized at the Banquet.
2nd VP Report / Planning & Events Committee presented the upcoming events and asked for assistance:
– ‘United We Ball’ Sporting Event at Cadwalader Park – September 5th, 5-10 PM
– 2015 Banquet – November 6th. Confirmed Casa Lupita as the venue, guest speaker has yet to be confirmed
1st VP Report / Growth Committee – nothing to report at this time
President’s Report / Civic & Gov’t Relations Committee – nothing to report at this time
Old Business: None
New Business: None (other than committee business above)
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.